A Smile Makeover is a procedure done to the mouth to help improve a person’s smile. This is done by a cosmetic or surgical procedure and may take several visits to complete the desired look. It consists of several procedures that would help restore the teeth’s appearance, function, and structure.
A smile makeover may take a few months to complete which may depend on the teeth’s appearance and structure. The dentist will conduct thorough examinations to be able to analyze the problem and what procedure will be done.
Aspects for Smile Makeover
The dentist will discuss with you what will be improved during the procedure. They will also take into consideration what needs to be fixed during the whole process. Some of these include:
- Color of the Teeth: Teeth color can make a lot of difference as it helps improve a person’s appearance. The dentist will advise the patient to undergo teeth whitening procedure to brighten and whiten their teeth.
- Missing tooth: A missing tooth or teeth may be replaced by using dental implants, bridges, dentures and dental crowns.
- Position: The teeth’s position and alignment will be corrected by using braces.
Shape and Size: The size and shape of the teeth may be corrected by using veneers or crowns.
A smile makeover may have different procedures depending on what needs to be fixed or restored. Some of the common procedures done are:
- Dental Veneers: Dental veneers is used to correct dental problems such as uneven tool alignment, tooth discoloration, worn tooth enamel, and cracks. This is placed by cementing it on the tooth’s surface in which its material is made up of porcelain or composite.
- Composite Bonding: This is used to fill-in cavities, close gaps between the teeth, and repair chipped or cracked tooth. It is done by attaching or bonding tooth-colored composites on the damaged teeth.
- Dental Implants: This is surgically done by placing it on the jaw bone to replace the missing teeth.
- Teeth whitening: This helps improve the color of the teeth by removing the stains making it bright and white.
Caring for your Teeth
It is essential to always follow good oral hygiene to be able to maintain a healthy set of teeth. Do this by regularly brushing and flossing it after every meal. Avoid biting or chewing hard foods and refrain from using your teeth for biting hard objects. Regularly visit the dentist to let them check any problems and be able to treat it immediately.
Book An Appointment
4008 Mitchell Mill Road,
Suite 108, Raleigh NC 27616
MONDAY: 8 AM to 5 PM
TUESDAY:1PM to 7 PM
WEDNESDAY:1PM to 7 PM
THURSDAY:8AM to 2 PM
SATURDAY (every 3rd of the month): 8 AM to 4 PM